The brushing/washing unit has been designed and manufactured to be a part of a more complex processing line for fruit cleaning. It consists of rotating cylindrical hydrophilic brushes for product cleaning and brushing. The number, size and material for the brushes and sponges depends on the product type and customer’s specifications. In case product polishing and/or waxing is needed, then the brushes are made of natural horse hair. The rotation speed of the brushes is adjusted by a suitable inverter.
- The products enter at the beginning of the machine where they are washed/brushed/dried. This is done in the washing section, where the sprinkler system (water, foam or other disinfectant, depending on the product processed) works with the brushing system underneath it.
- In the draining system, the rotating sponges in collaboration with the turbines, drain the processed product.
- The sponges are squeezed by a straining system located underneath them.
- Under the upper level, the drainage system, consisting of two tanks, drains the excess water and objects.
- After processing, they exit the machine and are transported for further processing on the line.
The machine frame is made of plain steel, while the parts which come in contact with the fruit are made of stainless steel. The stands are height adjustable.