The drying machine is essentially a roller conveyor with a hot air generator mounted on top of it. It is ideal for Citrus fruits processing, although it can be used for more sensitive products.
- The machine's frame is made of plain carbon steel, while the parts which come in contact with the fruit are made of stainless steel.
- The rotating rollers are made of aluminium or galvanized steel.
- The boiler compartment is the main heating component of the machine. It consists of a turbine, a burner, heat convection tubes, and is connected with the roller transportation system underneath through an air-duct system made-up from two segments, a venting segment which provides hot air to the fruits below, and a return segment which recycles the air back to the turbine.
- Power transmission is effected, through a gear-chain system for the rollers, and a gear system for the centrifugal fans. The rotation speed of the rollers is adjusted by a suitable inverter.
- Temperature control for the machine is effected through a thermostat mounted on the boiler compartment, with a suitable temperature indicator for easy temperature set up.
- The control panel, with the rest of the switches and controls, is mounted on the side of the machine.