Electronic Grader for Watermelon-Μelon
The watermelon/melon electronic sorter is a fully automated continuous operation electronic sorter with one line. It is constructed with a specially designed roller transporting system, optimized for the characteristics of the watermelons/melons. In its basic version it is equipped with an electronic sorting system for weight, a compressed-air powered, electronically controlled diverting rod system, and 3+1 exits.
The operator can set-up and run the machine through a display panel. The transporting speed of the watermelons/melons is adjusted using a suitable Inverter.
The machine consists of:
- Front side.
- Weighing system.
- Back side (including power unit).
- Product transferring system (roller system).
- Fruit trays (the number of fruit tray may vary depending on the processing needs).
- The watermelons/melons are transferred to the machine through its infeed cleated belt. The cleated belt places them in a row one after the other, ensuring the proper and continuous flow of products to the sorter.
- On entry point, the watermelons/melons are placed on the roller transporting system, which is specially designed for their shape.
- The roller system carrying the fruits passes over the weighing system (load cell) so the electronic system can receive the weight of every watermelon/melon and sort it according to the program the operator has set.
- The ejection system on every exit gently tilts the cups so the fruits can exit the machine to the proper fruit tray for packaging.
The machine is constructed from painted structural steel framework and plates, welded and/or bolted. The top cover of the sorter is made of INOX (AISI304). The stands are height adjustable.